Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Charcoal Lesson


This is my first charcoal lesson in my life. It was very fun to learn the charcoal sketching although it was dirty, haha. I did enjoy myself during the sketching beacuse i can finished the whole drawing very faster. I like pencil drawing also because it is more detail than charcoal.

In charcoal drawing, the technique of drawing the object is different from pencil drawing. We need to drawing the darker part first for charcoal drawing. After that we use our finger to rub the surface to make it lighter. We are doing the opposite way in pencil drawing.

All my classmates were doing great in this charcoal drawing. Unfortunately for 1 of my friend, he transfered to Taylors College to study A level because he was ordered by his father.

We used 2 charcoal stick to draw which is the thin and medium size one. The thin charcoal is easy to rub off but not for the medium, it is harder. I have to rub for few times just to make it lighter.

Well, I will try to improve my skill in the following lesson. ^^

No comments: